Leading independent suppliers of corrugated and cardboard packaging to the FMCG and eCom sector, seek an experienced and driven Production Manager to lead, manage and drive their expanding night shift operation, in the delivery of enhanced packaging solutions to an array of major Brand Clients.
Delivering a combination of value engineering, high quality and excellent customer service, they are one of the largest single site sheet plants in the UK with a turnover of more than £25m.
You must have a proven record of Packaging Production leadership experience, ideally in corrugate/card manufacturing, demonstrating a strong understanding of packaging production processes and techniques, with an appreciation of the associated creative/structural and artworking processes.
Leading a team of circa 50 personnel on a permanent Night Shift (Mon-Thurs), you will be able to demonstrate excellent leadership and production management skills, combined with an energetic, strong and robust character that establishes and maintains the best working practices, employee behaviours and the long term efficient evolution of the manufacturing environment. You will be approachable and confident, as the most senior person onsite during the night shift, you will be a trusted advisor to the wider Business, including the Studio, Sales and Client Services teams.
· Ensure the delivery of the production plan, on time and to required quality standards, through effective planning and management of all night shift staff, including the management of any contractors.
· Continually monitor own work and that of team to ensure conformance to quality standards, the production plan and productivity requirements.
· Devise and implement recovery plans where necessary.
· Work effectively with engineering, quality assurance and other departments and staff as necessary.
· Direct shift engineers as necessary to maximise plan adherence and output.
· Ensure machine cleaning and maintenance work is carried out as planned and to the required standard
· Good communication skills, with the proven ability to lead and motivate a team of operators.
· Experience of a fast moving change environment, the ability to troubleshoot and a desire to continually improve and push boundaries.
Experience required for the role:
· Proven leadership experience within a Corrugate/Board manufacturing/production environment, with a demonstrable track record of improving the performance of productivity and staff.
· Knowledge and experience of print processes and printability (Litho, Digital and Flexo).
· Repro experience / knowledge would also be beneficial
· Sound technical knowledge and attention to detail that spans packaging creative and production environments.
In an entrepreneurially spirited organisation this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and aspirational Night Production Manager to forge a strong career
- Night Shift