Major European multi site Retail Packaging organization, constantly investing in new production resources, seeks a dynamic & skilled Design Manager to manage the regional design resources and ensure the maximum Client added value and creative/operational solutions.
The Business specializes in the design, manufacture and delivering of any type of corrugated / compact cardboard container or packaging across a diversity of verticals in the FMCG arena
The Design Manager will be based at their key site in the North West and work closely based with the Commercial Manager and associated teams. You will co-ordinate and prioritise the management of the regions design resources whilst ensuring that the maximum added value and creative/operational opportunities are developed and implemented by working closely with NDC, external sales, Customers and internal departments alike.
You must be a team player, but equally possess a strong and positive character, professional presence and calmly effective at all levels of communication.
Principal Responsibilities include :
· Supervision of a regional team of Designers.
· Recruitment, training and development of new staff.
· Assessment and prioritisation of workload to ensure that work is delivered in the agreed timescales to the maximum mutual advantage.
· Close liaison and communication with NDC to ensure that the correct work is undertaken in the correct location.
· Ensuring agreed policies and procedures are adhered to.
· Monitoring team performance against greed KPI’s.
· Close liaison with Key Customers to ensure projects are delivered as required and that any problem areas are addressed quickly.
· Assisting in the on-going development of CAD and associated procedures.
Skills & Experience requirements;
· Detailed knowledge of all aspects of structural design
· Good understanding of computerised design systems
· Effective people management skills
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Commercial awareness and customer focus – both internal and external
· Effective analysis and problem solving skills
As a valued member of this organisations onward investment, you will be given all the tools to assist you in achieving both the Business’ and your own personal development aspirations, so we seek an individual with excellent technical knowledge & experience, combined with professionalism, gravitas and Business aspiration, where you will quickly grasp the Company values & drive growth, effectiveness & value through your empowered & mentored Technical Design team.
- Technical Development
- Folding box board